Thank you for your interest in our facilities.
This page provides all the information about the holiday park you will need. However, should you have any questions or wish to make a reservation, please contact our Reservations Department, which is open daily from 9.00 to 17.00 hrs or send us an e-mail by using the button CONTACT US or RESERVATION. We hope you enjoy planning your holiday and look forward to welcome you!
Reserving a bungalow or chalet
You can reserve a bungalow or chalet by telephone, filling in the reservation from on our website or e-mail (email@example.com). Then you will receive a confirmation of your reservation, the copy of which should be signed and returned within 7 days. You can also send us the agreement by e-mail. The amount to be paid in advance is stated on the confirmation. We will ask you to pay this amount within a specified period. The confirmation and your payment receipt serve as proof of your reservation. All reservations and rental agreements are subject to the 'Recron voorwaarden landrecreatie 2003' (2003 Recron terms and conditions of land-based recreation) filed at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Central Gelderland in Arnhem.
Your bungalow/chalet will be ready for occupancy from 15.00 hrs on the day of arrival. The reception desk is open until 17.00 hrs If you plan to arrive later than 17.00 hrs, please contact us by telephone. If your bungalow/chalet is not clean when you arrive, please notify reception immediately. After the inventory list has been checked, you can ask for any additional items you may need at the reception.
Pursuant to the Recron Conditions applicable to this Holiday park, Het Verscholen Dorp cannot be held liable for theft or loss of or damage to goods or for accidents or injuries to persons, during or as a result of a stay in the holiday park. Neither can we accept liability for any defective or non-operational technical installations or the cancellation, failure or closure of facilities in the park.
Number of persons
The permitted occupancy of a bungalow/chalet may not be exceeded.
Please deposit your rubbish in the containers located throughout the park. Glass and paper are collected separately. The glass bank and paper bank are located behind the launderette. The container for other household waste is located next to the reception building.
In the event of an emergency, please notify the reception immediately. If the reception desk is closed, you can contact the park management at any time of the night or day by calling: 0031341 - 820227. You will then be connected to the manager by way of an option menu, press option 2.
· General emergency number : 112
· Ambulance : Alert reception/manager or dial 112
· ANWB : Dutch automobile association telephone number 0800-0888
· Fire : Report fires and other emergencies immediately by dialing 112; then notify the manager or reception by dialing 0031341-820227 day or night. Key in ‘2′ to be connected directly to the manager.
· Theft : Report thefts immediately to reception or the manager, who will then contact the local police.
Leaflets and brochures for tourist attractions, zoos and museums can be found in the reception area. Should you require more information, our receptionists would be pleased to tell you more about the many things to do in the surrounding area.
Guests must comply with the following rules when barbecuing at their bungalows/chalets:
· Use a safe barbecue.
· Do not place the barbecue on a soft surface (e.g. grass). Find a firm, stable surface (e.g. your patio).
· Keep fire extinguishers close at hand.
· Use firelighter blocks rather than methylated spirit. It is forbidden to gather kindling in the woods.
· After use let the barbecue cool for 12 hours.
Guests are required to use bed linens. You may bring your own or rent linens from us. Bed linens are not included in the rent. Our duvets are synthetic. If you stay longer than one week, you can exchange your bed linens for € 6.- per person, per package (during reception opening hours) at the end of the week. We recommend that you reserve bed linens in advance to avoid disappointment.
Important telephone numbers
· Manager : In case of emergency the manager can be reached outside office hours by dialling : 0031341 - 820227. You will be connected to the manager through an option menu, choose option 2.
· Chemist: Deventerweg 20 B, Harderwijk 0031341-414341 The reception desk will be able to give you information about the chemist on duty at the weekend.
· General practitioner : Dr Van Veen, Vondellaan 398a, Harderwijk 0031341-422224 Surgery Mo-Fr: 08:00 - 17:00 hours, during the weekend and on holydays, GP station 0900-3410341
· Dentist: Dr Van de Brink, Bazuindreef 21, Harderwijk 0031341-414585
· Veterinarian: Animal Care Dierenartsen, Verkeersweg 57, Harderwijk 0031341-553332
The closest petrol station is the Shell station at Oranjelaan 46 (approx. 1 km).
If you break a household item (glassware, crockery, coffee pot etc.), please notify reception during office hours. You will receive a replacement for a fee. If you report the breakage at the end of your stay, the costs will be taken from your deposit.
We try to be energy efficient in our park. You can help us by closing the curtains in the evening and turning down the heating at night. We also request that you turn down the heating and turn off the lights whenever you leave the bungalow for long periods.
You can rent bicycles at the reception desk for € 8.50 a day and € 37.50 a week. Renters receive complimentary maps of cycle routes at reception. We recommend that you reserve bicycles in advance to avoid disappointment. Lost and found If you find or lose something, please notify reception.
Guests are permitted one pet per bungalow/chalet. Dogs must be kept on a lead in the park and let out outside the park. We request that you not to allow your pet on the beds, settees or chairs. There is a € 10.- surcharge for each pet per weekend or midweek and € 15.- per week . Flea collars are obligatory. Guests are not permitted to leave pets in a bungalow unattended.
Now it’s possible to check your e-mail during you vacation with us, or to search for touristic information online or to share your holiday pictures online. At our resort we offer you FREE access to internet; we have our Wireless net at your disposal (only in the bungalows). Take your notebook or PDA with you. You can get access tickets at the reception during the opening hours.
Only use firewood in the fireplace. Wood is available at reception for € 2.50 per log. Due to the risk of forest fire, it is forbidden to make open fires. We ask that you clean the fireplace before you leave, but please do not use the vacuum cleaner for this purpose.
Despite our conscientious service, you may have comments or suggestions for improvement. If so, please contact the management directly. They will be more than willing to assist you in finding a satisfactory solution. However, if you are still not satisfied, you can ask the management to write a report to be signed by yourself and the management. You can send this report to Het Verscholen Dorp, Boslaan 2, 3847 LT Harderwijk, the Netherlands, up to one month after your departure. Your complaint will only be handled further if you observe this deadline. Complaints submitted after this period will not be dealt with.
· Speed: In the interest of other guests and yourself, please drive very slowly in the park.
· Cars: one car per bungalow/chalet. You can park other cars in the designated car parks outside the park.
· Barrier: The barrier is there for your safety. Warning: only one car can pass under the barrier at a time. You are responsible for any damage incurred if you do not leave sufficient space between your car and another and for improper use of the key processor. The barrier operates 24 hours a day. Party tents/tents It is not permitted to use shelters, pup tents, ordinary tents or party tents in the park.
· Incoming post addressed to our guests is placed in the pigeon holes at reception.
· You can leave outgoing post at the reception desk.
Post office · Postagency, Nassaulaan 20, Harderwijk 0031341-412323
Reception Opening hours
Monday to Saturday from 9.00 to 17.00 hrs, and Sunday from 09.00 to 17.00 hrs · From 01 November till 31 March is the reception closed on Sunday.
Calm is one of the most important features of our park, so we request all our guests to avoid making any loud noise. It should not be possible to hear radios, televisions, musical instruments etc. outside your bungalow. Power failure In the unlikely event that you experience a technical failure during your stay, please inform reception immediately, so that we can make the necessary repairs as soon as possible. If the reception desk is closed and you have an extreme emergency, you can contact the manager on 0031341 - 820227. You will be connected with the manager by means of an options menu.
Taxis and public transport
· Taxi : Bochove tel.: 0031341-412424
· Public transport : Enquire at reception to find out about the regular services or call the national public transport information line : 0900-9292 (50 ct a minute) You can also click next links for NS (Dutch Railway) and CONNEXION (Bus company)
· Regional taxi : Noord-Veluwe 0900-9886 (reserve at least one hour before departure.)
There is a television set in each bungalow. You will find programming information in the bungalow.
Guests have free use of the tennis court. Please make reservations at reception. Tennis balls and rackets can be rented for € 7.50 a set.
To avoid unpleasant experiences during your holiday, never leave any cash or valuables in your car or holiday home while you are absent!!
Upon departure, please turn the thermostat down to 10 ºC, and close all windows and doors. You are requested to leave your bungalow before 10.00 hrs. In addition, we ask that you
· clean all crockery and cutlery and put them back in the cabinets, and remove all household waste.
· deposit your household rubbish in the waste containers in the park.
· leave the refrigerator empty and clean.
· clean the fireplace. Please do not use the vacuum cleaner for this purpose.
· remove the bed linens and leave them in the hall of your bungalow.
· deposit the magnetic card, the key to the bungalow and the completed customer satisfaction questionnaire at reception. Outside office hours, you can put these items in the letterbox of the house next to the reception office.
· Your deposit will be refunded at the reception desk, minus any telephone or breakage charges.
· If you wish to leave after reception office hours, we will refund your deposit by bank transfer. In that case, you will have to settle your telephone and breakage charges prior to departure during reception opening hours.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact reception staff at telephone number 003141 - 820227.
As the park is situated in a wooded area, you are not allowed to hang clothes lines outside your bungalow. If you want to dry your laundry please make use of the drying rack in your bungalow or the tumble-drier in the launderette. Launderette Tokens are available at the reception desk. Launderette tokens are € 5.- each, launderette tokens + washing powder €7.50 tumble-drier tokens € 5.- each.
· St. Jansdal: Weth. Jansenlaan 90, Harderwijk, tel: 003141-463911
· Sophia Ziekenhuis: Dr. Van Heesweg 2, Zwolle, tel.:003138-4245000
· De Weezenlanden: Groot Wezenland 20, Zwolle, tel.:003138-4242000
Guests have free use of the heated outdoor swimming pool (open from late May to September). Swimming pool opening hours are 09.00 - 21.00 hrs. Swimming outside these hours is not allowed. Inexperienced swimmers are not permitted to swim unattended.